Want to get found on the first page of search results? Here’s how…
PLUS: Get your FREE SEO and Website Health Check Report.
There’s not much point in having a great-looking website, if nobody can find it when they’re searching for what you do or sell!
Yes, Google (and to a lesser extent other search engines like Bing) IS the new Yellow Pages. It’s where people go to search for just about anything. Not Facebook, or Instagram, they go to Google.
And if they find your competitors, and not you, that means you’re missing out on business. Maybe a lot of it.
At Worldwide Salon Marketing, we know that being found high up on search results is a critical part of marketing. It’s about being visible. If people can’t find you, they can’t buy from you.
There are only THREE ways you can be on the first page of Google...
The only TWO other ways to get your business on Page One is in the “Three Pack” Google Business listings (the ones that appear under the map), and under that, the ‘organic’ listings of websites.
To get into the “Three Pack” and the first page of the organic results need what’s known as SEO, or Search Engine Optimization techniques.
..and that is tedious, manual, time-consuming work best left to professionals (like our team here at Worldwide Salon Marketing.)
How to (accurately) check your Google ranking
1. Open Google Chrome, and in the top right hand corner (the three vertical dots) click on New Incognito Window.
2. In the search bar, type “hair salon (your town)” or “landscape gardener (your town) or whatever you think people might search for when looking for what you do.
3. There is no point searching for your business name. Of course you’re going to appear one Page One for that…but your prospective customers aren’t searching for your business name, they’re shopping for what they want to buy!
If you’re all over Page One of Google, great! If you’re nowhere to be found, read on…
So, how long does it take to get onto Page One of search results?
We hate saying “it depends,” but…it depends!
- It depends on where you’re ranked already, and how long you’ve been there.
- It depends on how much competition you have. Getting a business that sells pig fur weaving machines onto the first page of results would be easy, because there aren’t many pig fur weaving retailers.
Putting a skin care business on page one in the middle of a city the size of Sydney? That’s more difficult, and takes a lot longer.
- It depends on how much work is involved in getting your website and other factors like your social media accounts and your various listings on other websites checked and cross-referenced.
Anybody who tells you “We can get you on the first page of Google in three weeks for $150…” – be very wary.
‘Blackhat’ is abundant in cheaper SEO campaigns.
Blackhat is the name for methods that are shady, contrived or illegal (such as buying bulk links). These typically result in harsh punishment from Google. Many agencies and individuals that promise quick results use ‘blackhat’ methods to obtain them, so be very cautious as it could spell the end for your SEO marketing. Your website could be ‘sin-binned’ for a long time.
So, you’ve had call after call from somebody in India promising the world for next to nothing?
You have been warned!
How much does it cost?
There is an initial set-up cost, and a monthly subscription – but there are no contracts (unlike many digital marketing agencies which insist on locking you into fixed terms.)
If you only need a strong Google presence in your local geographical area, we do an Economy Class package (see below) which covers you for the basics of getting your website and Google My Business listing set up. This package particularly suits local service business such as salons & spas, trade contractors, retailers.
If you have a business with multiple locations, that takes more work, it can take longer to analyse and set up properly, and requires more work on an on-going basis. Our Business Class package is suitable for businesses such as multi-site salons & spas, contractors with one HQ but a wide area of operation, or a retail operation wanting to attract online sales.
National or statewide domination? That’s going to take a combination of organic SEO and (probably) Paid Digital Advertising. For that you’ll need First Class.
- Keyword research
- Meta data (unique per page)
- Page content optimisation
- Content updated on the website
- Website architecture review
- Technical SEO audit
- Google My Business set-up/review
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Ongoing link building
- Live ranking report
- Standard monthly report
- Quarterly online Review
- Everything in Economy Class PLUS
- Content creation (4 articles a month)
- Blog updates & optimisation
- Optimization of all images
- Standard monthly report
- Bi-Monthly online review
- Ongoing website health check
- Everything in Economy & Business PLUS
- Content creation (6 articles a month)
- On-going Google Business Listing optimizing
- Update social media blogs+content
- Enhanced monthly reports
- Monthly online review
Fill in your details below to find out more, or simply pick up the phone and call us on +61-8-94439327
SEO/Digital Advertising Inquiry
But you might not know what you need, until we do a FREE, comprehensive Website Audit and Health Check Report (a $245 Value).
Just pop your details into the form below, and over the next 48 hours we'll analyse your entire online presence and send you a report that shows exactly what needs to be fixed!
WANT A WEBSITE RE-DESIGN?
Do you want re design of your salon website or a brand new one? Or more prospects finding you online?
Check out our Smart Salon Online Marketing packages.
CALL US NOW
To discuss your SEO and/or Digital Advertising needs